1. Make sure to book your venue in advance. Wedding halls in Sri Lanka get booked up at least a year in advance, and getting one to match up with your auspicious day can be a challenge.
2. Get the right photographer. To make sure you have the memories of that day preserved, get the photographer that complements you. Do your research, meet up with them, get an idea of the chemistry and then make a decision.
3. For outdoor functions, get an idea of the weather that month. Although it can be very tricky, just get a rough idea from the people at the venue. And always have a contingency ; An indoor alternative, marquees etc.
4. Decor. This can make your wedding look amazing or ordinary. Again, do your research, get inspired, and talk to couples who have worked with these vendors before. This can be quite expensive, so make sure to get what you want at the right price.
5. The band. The music plays such a big role at the function. Keep the volume just right, and make sure that the band caters to the people at the wedding. Sri lankans love their baila, so make sure to throw some in there to get the older folks on the floor.